Posts Tagged ‘wix’
Write an installer UI in WPF! It’s like the 21st Century.
- Modern UI – (planned) create a UI that isn’t limited to Wizard’97 controls.
- Download – download files from the Internet and resume if there are interruptions.
- Unified Progress – Burn aggregates download and install messages into single progress (as well as individual progress)
- Elevation – (planned) elevate only when necessary giving the best launch experience.
- Containers – (planned) organize your product for optimal distribution based on your media.
- Managed UI – (stretch) use managed code (think WPF or WinForms) to create a beautiful installation UI, even if NETFX isn’t already installed on the user’s machine.
- Package Ref-counting – (added) Burn manages shared packages so they are installed and uninstalled when expected.
- Patch slipstreaming – (added) Burn can automatically determine the minimal number of packages and patches a user has to install to be current.